250 g ginger biscuits
150g butter, melted
5 teaspoons powdered gelatine
1 ½ tablespoons hot water
400g cream cheese, softened
1 can condensed milk
3 teaspoons vanilla extract/essence
200 ml woolworths double thick cream
2×150g Woolworths double cream strawberry yoghurt
250 ml whipped fresh cream
Juice of 2 ½ fresh lemons or 5 tablespoons lemon juice.
1 ½ punnets of fresh strawberries with stem and leaves removed
6 tablespoons white sugar
½ cup water
For the base:
1. Using a food processor , add the ginger biscuits and process until fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and process until combined. Lay out flat onto a cheesecake mold and place in the fridge to cool.
For the middle layer:
1.Whip the fresh cream and set aside
2. In a bowl add 2 tablespoons hot water to 4 teaspoons gelatin powder.mix well until dissolved
3.Using a blender , blits all the strawberries to a pulp
4. Using a cake mixer , add the cream cheese ,double thick cream and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract/essence and mix on high for 1 minute
5. Add the yoghurt , condensed milk and the juice of 2 lemons or 4 tablespoons lemon juice.Combine well with cream cheese mixture.
6. Add 2 parts of the strawberry pulp to the mixture and retain the other.Mix in well.
7. Add the gelatin to the mixture .Mix in well.
8. Add the whipped fresh cream and lightly fold into the cream cheese mixture.
9. Pour mixture over base and place in fridge to set.
For the topping:
1. Make a syrup with 6 tablespoons sugar and ½ cup water and 1 tablespoon lemon juice
2. Add remaining part strawberry pulp to syrup and stew until excess water is cooked out.
3. Add 1 teaspoon of gelatin to mixture and combine well.
5. Pour over middle layer
6. Set cheesecake in fridge for 3-4 hours
7. Decorate with fresh strawberries, fresh cream and white chocolate.
8. Serve and enjoy!
INFO & TIPS
1. Ensure that the hot water used isn't scolding as this will denature the gelatin.
2. Ensure gelatin is well mixed or dessert will not set.
3. Strawberry jam can be used instead for top layer. Add 2 tablespoons lemon juice for tartness