Lemon Pistachio Sponge With Creamcheese Frosting
Recipe credit: ruhana ebrahim
Pic Credit: @mama_taught_me_well
4 xl eggs
1 ¼ cups ordinary sugar
1 ½ cups cake flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
½ cup whole milk
Rind of 1 lemon
Juice of 1 lemon (½ to be reserved)
½ - 1 teaspoon lemon essence
Few drops yellow food colouring
½ cup chopped pistachios.
2-3 cups icing sugar
1 tub lancewood cream cheese
Lemon juice (reserved from above)
Crushed pistachios (garnish)
1. Beat eggs well with sugar till light and frothy.
2. Sift flour and baking powder.
3. Boil butter, milk, ½ of juice, rind and essence.
4. Add in flour and liquid alternatively, beating until smooth batter forms.
5. Fold in nuts.
6. Pour batter into greased and lined baking tray and bake in preheated oven at 180 °C for 35-40min.
7. Leave aside to cool for few minutes before cutting.
8. Make frosting by beating cream cheese until smooth.
9. Beat butter and sugar till fluffy, then add in lemon juice and cream cheese. Frost cakes and decorate as desired.
10. Sprinkle on crushed pistachios.