Pull Apart Cinnabon
Rec shared by Rookaya Dhooma
Pic cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
5 cups Cake Flour
½ teaspoon Salt
1 packet instant Anchor yeast
½ cup ordinary Sugar
½ cup Warm Milk
¼ cup Warm Water (add more if needed)
⅓ cup Butter (melted)
¾ cup Brown Sugar
¼ cup ordinary Sugar
1 ½ tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
¼ cup Cream Cheese, room temp.
1 tablespoon Butter (melted)
1 ¼ cups Icing Sugar
½ teaspoon Vanilla Essence
3-4 tablespoon Warm Milk
1. Mix flour, sugar, yeast & salt.
2. Melt butter in warm milk and water. Add to flour mixture.
3. Add eggs. Mix to form soft dough.
4. Leave to rise for ± 2 hours.
5. Roll out into big roti. Spread butter from filling over roti.
6. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over. Roll into tight swissroll.
7. Cut into slices (make sure they are even) and place them cut side down in a well greased baking pan.
8. Cover with plastic wrap and put them back into a warm spot to rise for another 1 ½ hours.
9. Preheat oven to 180°C.
10. Once risen, brush buns with some melted butter and bake for ± 30 minutes or until golden brown.
11. While its baking make the topping:
Beat cream cheese, butter, icing sugar, vanilla essence for about ½ hour, then add milk gradually. Beat well
12. Take cinnabons out of oven and pour topping over warm cinnabons.
and.B: I used caramel treat and chopped pecans as a topping and added cocoa to sugar mixture.