Sojee (semolina flour) (Traditional)
Rec cred: ruhana ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
1 ¼ cups semolina wheat
½ cup ghee (Clarified butter)
5 whole Elachi (cardomom) pods
1 piece taj (cinnamon)
2 cups milk
1 extra large egg
Few drops saffron essence
Few drops egg yellow food coloring
½ cup ordinary sugar
½ cup water
¼ cup chopped dates
Sliced badaam (almonds)/ coconut flakes
1. Heat ghee (Clarified butter) in pot with Elachi (cardomom) snd taj, add in semolina and braise till lightly golden.
2. Whisk egg, milk, coloring, saffron and sugar together.
3. Pour into semolina stirring continuously until no liquid remains.
4.Add in chopped dates/ sultanas and mix in.
5. Add in water and allow to fluff up.
6. Remove from heat and garnish with coconut or badaam.
7. Serve hot.