Spiced Poached Pear
Rec cred: ruhana ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
4 large pears (of choice)
1 liter orange juice
2 star anise
1 cinnamon roll
¼ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Water (as needed)
1. Peel pears and core out pear from bottom.
2. Place juice and other ingredients into a deep thick based pot and bring to boil.
3. Submerge pears into liquid, adding water if needed to fully cover pears.
4. Allow to simmer with liquid, until when poked with a knife, is tender and knife pokes through.
5. Remove from poaching liquid and allow to cool for few minutes.
6. Slice pear, not all the way through in a fan shape and spread out.
7. Serve with cake and ice-cream