Green Beans & Chicken
Rec cred: ruhana ebrahimPic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
Ingredients:200g green beans (french sliced)½ cup frozen peas2 tomatoes (liquidized)500g chicken pieces/ fillet (big cubed)1 onion (sliced)1 teaspoon salt1 teaspoon dhana jeeroo powder½ teaspoon chilli powderPinch turmeric1 teaspoon ginger garlic masalaWater (as needed)
1. Braise onions in oil till translucent, add masala and spices.
2. Braise until fragrant, then add chicken and coat well.
3. Cook till water reduced, then add tomatoes, peas and green beans.
4. Cook till tomato liquid reduced, add more water to cook veg until tender.
5. Cook till no liquid remains. I like it when the bottom bit catches to pot. Serve with roti/ bread.
NB: can be made with mutton instead of chicken, or potatoes to make it a full veg dish.