1kg chicken fillet (finely cubed)
1⁄3 cup tandoori curry paste/ 50g packet Woolworths chicken tikka paste
1 cup plain yoghurt
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 onion (sliced)
2 tablespoon oil
410g can chopped tomatoes
70g can tomato paste
1⁄2 cup fresh cream
1 packet swiss chard
1. In a bowl combine chicken, paste, yoghurt and lemon.
2. Chill in fridge for 2 hours.
3. Heat oil in pan, add onions, saute till lightly golden.
4. Add marinated chicken and cook till sealed.
5. Add tomatoes and tomato paste & simmer for 10min.
6. Add in cream & chopped swiss chard and cook till thickened.
7. Check salt and pepper, and if the strength of chillies is right.
8. Cool completely.
9. Fill in pie pastry. Brush with egg & sprinkle poppy seeds. (Freezer suitable).
10. Bake in preheated oven at 180degC till puffed and golden.