Gorgeous Greek Chicken
with herby couscous & tzatziki
Rec cred: Jamie Oliver
Pic cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
1 red pepper
6 spring onions
20 g black olives
100 g ripe cherry tomatoes
170 g couscous
½ a cucumber
2 free-range chicken breasts
1 teaspoon dried oregano
100 g fat-free natural yoghurt
½ a bunch of fresh mint (15g)
extra virgin olive oil
1. Fill a small pan with water, place over a medium heat and bring to the boil.
2. Meanwhile, halve, deseed and finely chop the pepper.
3. Trim and finely slice the spring onions.
4. Bash the olives and tear out the stones, if needed, then roughly chop.
5. Halve the cherry tomatoes, then place it all into a large bowl and set aside.
6. Place the couscous into a bowl, cover with 250ml of the boiling water.
7. Cover with a plate and set aside.
8. While the couscous is steaming, coarsely grate the cucumber into a small bowl, add a pinch of sea salt and leave for 5 minutes.
9. Meanwhile, place the chicken on a plate.
10. Drizzle over 1 teaspoon of olive oil, the oregano and a pinch of black pepper.
11. Finely grate over the lemon zest, then turn the chicken over to coat.
12. Using clean hands, gently squeeze the moisture from the grated cucumber into the sink, then return to the bowl.
13. Stir in the yoghurt, a good squeeze of lemon juice and a pinch of pepper.
14. Pick and finely chop the mint leaves, then stir half into the yoghurt mixture.
15. Using a speed-peeler, peel the carrot, then continue shaving it into long ribbons.
16. Place into a small bowl, season with a pinch of salt and pepper and add a good squeeze of lemon juice.
17. Heat a non-stick frying pan on a medium-high heat.
18. Meanwhile, fluff up the couscous with a fork, then add stir through the chopped vegetables with the remaining chopped mint.
19. Add 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil and the juice of half a lemon. 20. Stir well and season to taste with black pepper.
21. Place the chicken into the hot pan and fry for 10 minutes, or until cooked through, turning from time to time, then slice into rough strips.
21. Divide the couscous between plates, top with the carrot salad and chicken, then serve with the tzatziki.
12 Dec 2017
WOULD YOU LIKE TO
Food Author of "Oh My Cupcakes!"
Mum and wife.
(Another 2 books on the way Insha Allah!)
Joined 5 years ago