Rec cred: ruhana ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
1 dzn seekh lollies (homemade/ store bought)Lemon juice4 potatoes (fried as chips)Salt, chilli powder (to taste)
Sauce:30g butter2 tablespoon cake flour3 cups milk1 cup waterSalt and pepper
Toppings:1 cup Grated mozzarella/ pecorino cheeseGreen pepper (ring slices)Tomato (sliced rings)Half onion (sliced rings)Dried mixed herbs
1. Bake lollies in oven on 180 deg till just cooked through.
2. Cut lollies in halves and arrange in casserole dish. Drizzle over little lemon juice.
3. Using the same tray baked lollies on, place pepper rings, onion and tomato rings and bake in oven until tender.
4. Fry chips and season with salt and chilli powder.
5. Make white sauce, melt butter then add milk and flour. Whisk till thickens and smooth sauce forms. Add and melt in half the cheese.
6. Pour ⅓ of sauce over lollies, then place on chips. Pour another ⅓ of sauce over.
7. Sprinkle remainder cheese, place the grilled veggies on.
8. Pour remainder sauce and sprinkle herbs.
9. Bake in oven until sauce starts to bubble and cheese melts.
10. Serve with cocktail rolls.