Rec cred: ruhana ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
1 onion (sliced)
2 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon Jeeru (Cumin) seeds
2 small taj sticks
4 cups water
1 half teaspoon rough salt
1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
2 cups frozen mixed veg (washed)
2 cups basmati rice (washed)
Robertson's Spice for Rice
Rough red chillies.
1. Braise onion to make a vagaar with sliced onion, oil, Jeeru (Cumin) and taj.
2. When lightly golden, add water, salt, mixed veg and turmeric and let it come to boil.
3. Once boiling, add washed rice and cook on medium heat until 3⁄4 way done.
4. Then drop to lowest heat and let it steam and fluff up.
5. When rice is done allow to cool a little and season with spice for rice, rough red chillies and dried parsley.