For the meringue: 4 egg whites 1 cup castor sugar 1 tablespoon maziena 1 teaspoon white vinegar
For the Pavlova: 250ml fresh cream 2-3 tablespoon castor sugar Fresh granadilla pulp or 1 tin Fresh mango, sliced Pistachios for sprinkling
1. Beat the egg whites until stiff
2. Add the castor sugar in, one tablespoon at a time and beat the mixture until glossy
3. Add the maziena and vinegar and beat for about a minute
4. Pipe as desired and bake for an hour at 150 degrees.
5. Once the meringue is baked allow to cool. Whip the fresh cream with sugar
6. To assemble the Pavlova take one disc of meringue and top it with whipped cream, granadilla pulp, mango slices and pistachios, then place another disc of meringue on top and top with the rest of the cream and fruit.
INFO / TIPS
This recipe can be used as a base for any toppings- depending on what fruit is in season