Croissant Dough (makes 24)
Rec cred: ruhana ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
2 cups cake flour (sifted),
3 teaspoon baking powder,
½ teaspoon salt,
125g butter (cold cubes),
1 egg (beaten),
½ cup cold milk.
1. Preheat oven to 180 degC.
2. Sift dry ingredients together, then rub butter into flour mix and form ‘breadcrumbs’.
3. Add egg and start to bind dough.
4. Add milk gradually forming soft dough. (May not need all the milk).
5. Divide dough into 3 balls, and roll each 1 out on floured surface.
6. Roll into rounds, making sure dough is evenly rolled, and cutting into 8 slices.
7. Place spoonful of cooked filling at the wide side end of each triangle, and roll towards center forming a croissant.
8. May leave in its straight shape, or may curve it gently into a crescent moon shape.
9. Place on a greased tray, and bake until lightly golden. (May brush with beaten egg before baking). Top with cheese, onion and pepper (optional).
10. Now it is freezer suitable!
11. If placed in freezer, just thaw out in preheated oven until croissant is warm inside.
Note: you can make sweet croissants as well. Glaze it or drizzle over nutella. Stuff it with whipped cream and fruit or chocolate and nuts or even sweetened coconut with chopped dates.