Almond Herbed Hake With Sweet Chilli Sauce & Prawns
Rec cred: ruhana ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
3 tablespoon lemon juice
3 tablespoon Sweet Chilli sauce
3 tablespoon Nando's peri-peri sauce
1 cup fresh cream
1kg fresh hake (cut in even pieces)
2 tablespoon lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon Ground green chillies
2 tablespoon garlic paste
250g almond nibs
½ cup fresh breadcrumbs
300g parmesan powder
Finely Chopped sweet basil
Oil for frying
500g deveined and butterflied prawns
1. Boil sauce ingredients until thickened and warm when serving.
2. Pat dry fish. Make a paste with lemon juice, chillies, salt, pepper and garlic and rub onto fish.
3. Roughly blitz nibs and add to parmesan, breadcrumbs and basil- mix together.
4. Dip fish top and bottom into nib mix.
5. Heat shallow oil in pan and fry on medium heat until crispy and golden on either side. Hake takes few minutes to cook through.
6. Place prawns on an oven tray. Sprinkle salt. Drizzle melted butter and sprinkle cayenne and grill in oven till pink and cooked. Tails will curl up.
7. Serve fish and prawns with sauce and a side of garlic bread/fries/savory rice.