Creamy Mac 'and Cheese
Rec and pic cred: ruhana ebrahim
2 cups macaroni,
100g butter, cubed,
½ cup flour,
2 cups milk,
1 cup sour cream,
8 triangles melrose cheese spread,
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese,
½ teaspoon salt,
½ teaspoon mustard powder,
½ teaspoon pepper,
2 cups grated cheddar cheese,
Dried mixed herbs.
1. Cook macaroni with little oil and salt till al-dente.
2. Preheat oven to 180°.
3. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk. Whisk until thickened.
4. Reduce heat; stir in sour cream, melrose cheese, Parmesan, salt, mustard and pepper until smooth and cheese is melted.
5. Tiss macaroni with cheddar cheese. Transfer to a baking dish. Stir in cream sauce.
6. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
30 Jan 2017
WOULD YOU LIKE TO
Food Author of "Oh My Cupcakes!"
Mum and wife.
(Another 2 books on the way Insha Allah!)
Joined 5 years ago