Creamy Mac 'and Cheese
Rec and pic cred: ruhana ebrahim
2 cups macaroni,
100g butter, cubed,
1⁄2 cup flour,
2 cups milk,
1 cup sour cream,
8 triangles melrose cheese spread,
1⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese,
1⁄2 teaspoon salt,
1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder,
1⁄2 teaspoon pepper,
2 cups grated cheddar cheese,
Dried mixed herbs.
1. Cook macaroni with little oil and salt till al-dente.
2. Preheat oven to 180°.
3. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk. Whisk until thickened.
4. Reduce heat; stir in sour cream, melrose cheese, Parmesan, salt, mustard and pepper until smooth and cheese is melted.
5. Tiss macaroni with cheddar cheese. Transfer to a baking dish. Stir in cream sauce.
6. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.