Rec and pic cred: ruhana ebrahim
Strips-500g chicken fillet (cut into strips),1 teaspoon salt,Pinch turmeric powder,Dried rosemary,1 teaspoon dhana Jeeru (Cumin) powder2 tablespoon lemon juice,3 tablespoon Nando’s Bushveld braai (bbq) sauce,1 tablespoon mayonnaise,1 tablespoon butter.
Veggies-1 onion (sliced),1 small punnet baby corn,½ small punnet baby marrows (sliced),3 carrots (julienned),1 small punnet button mushrooms (sliced),Red & yellow pepper (julienned),1 cup green beans (French sliced),½ teaspoon ground ginger,½ teaspoon ground garlic,3 tablespoon water,½ teaspoon salt,1 tablespoon Robertsons veggie spice,½ teaspoon rough red chillies,½ teaspoon dhana Jeeru (Cumin) powder,2 tablespoon worcestershire sauce.
1. Marinate chicken, heat butter in pan, add chicken and cook till done.
2. In a wok, braise onion with a little oil, until lightly golden. Add ginger, garlic and spices. (Oil may shoot when adding garlic).
3. Now add green beans, carrots and water and allow to steam, covering with a lid.
4. When halfway cooked, add peppers and baby marrows, toss.
5. When steamed, add mushrooms and corn. Cook till mushrooms just cooked, then add sauce and toss, coating well.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO
Food Author of "Oh My Cupcakes!"
Mum and wife.
(Another 2 books on the way Insha Allah!)
Joined 5 years ago