Chicken Springroll Filling
Rec and pic cred: ruhana ebrahim
2x 50pc pkts Fatima's springroll pastry (smallest size)
2 tablespoon oil
1 1⁄2 kg chicken fillet (cubed small)
1 tablespoon green chillies
1 tablespoon ground garlic
1 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
2 teaspoon dhana jeeroo powder
1 teaspoon lemon pepper
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 1⁄2 cups grated carrot
1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn
1 green pepper (diced)
150g spaghetti (broken into small pieces)
Chopped dhania (coriander)
Chopped spring onions
2-4 tablespoon flour
Lai (water flour paste)
1. Boil spaghetti in salted water till done. Drain and leave aside.
2. Heat oil, add spices, chillies, garlic and lemon.
3. Add chicken and cook for few minutes.
4. As soon as chicken pieces turn white, add carrots, corn and green pepper.
5. Cook till little water remains in pot, then add flour. Allow to thicken.
6. Remove from stove and add spaghetti.
7. Leave to cool and then add chopped greens.
8. When cooled, fill springrolls, seal closed with glue and freeze in airtight container.