Steak Curry Filling
Rec and pic cred: ruhana ebrahim@mama_taught_me_well
Ingredients:2 tablespoon oil1 onion sliced2 pieces taj (cinnamon bark)1 teaspoon Jeeru (Cumin) seeds500g steak (cubed small)1 teaspoon red ginger garlic masala1 teaspoon chilli powder1 teaspoon dhana jeeroo powder¼ teaspoon turmeric powder1 teaspoon salt½ teaspoon lemon pepper1 teaspoon mustard powder1 tablespoon brown vinegar2 tomatoes (liquidized)¼ cup Crystal's sauce (can replace with 2 tablespoon chilli sauce + 2 tablespoon tomato sauce)Chopped dhania (coriander)3 potatoes (peeled and diced)
1. Heat oil, braise onion with Jeeru (Cumin) and taj until lightly golden.
2. Add masala and spices, then add steak, mustard and vinegar.
3. Cook till no water remains.
4. Add tomatoes and potatoes, cook until potatoes and steak are tender, adding water if needed.
5. Remove taj pieces, add sauce and allow to thicken.
6. Cool completely. Add dhania (coriander) and mix in.
Note: use filling in buns, sandwiches, pies, cigars etc. The potatoes can be omitted if you wish.