A.ka Square Samoosas
Rec cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
2 tablespoon oil
1 onion sliced
2 pieces taj (cinnamon bark)
1 teaspoon Jeeru (Cumin) (Cumin) seeds
500g steak (cubed small)
2 teaspoon red ginger garlic masala
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon dhana jeeroo powder
1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon salt
1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
1 teaspoon mustard powder
1 tablespoon brown vinegar
2 tablespoon tomato sauce
1 tablespoon mustard sauce
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
Chopped dhania (coriander) (coriander)
1. Heat oil, braise onion with Jeeru (Cumin) and taj until lightly golden.
2. Add masala and spices, then add steak, mustard and vinegar.
3. Cook till no water remains.
4. Add sauces and cook until steak is tender, adding water if needed.
5. Remove taj pieces and cool completely.
6. Add dhania (coriander) and mix in.
7. Cut samoosa pur in half lengthwise.
8. Place the pur joined at center in the shape of an X.
9. Place a spoonful of filling in the center, and fold pur sides over, forming a square.
10. Seal with lai (water flour paste).
11. Dip in beaten egg and breadcrumbs. (Freezer suitable now).
12. Fry in medium deep oil until golden & crispy.