Sponge cake with syrup and coconut
Recipe & Picture credit:
Fatima Asif Latif
Bismilla hir Rahman nir Raheem
4 eggs separated
1 cup castor sugar
1 cup + 2 tablespoon cake flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1⁄2 cup oil
1⁄2 cup boiling water
1) Sift dry ingredients together
2) Make a well in the center and add egg yolks
3) Add oil and water to dry ingredients. Mix till no lumps
4) Beat egg whites till stiff and add to flour mix
5) Pour batter into prepared pans and bake @ 180° for 30-35. Depending on your oven and pan used. I used a rectangular pan.
Make a syrup with 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water. Once slightly thick switch off and pour over cooled cake. Sprinkle toasted coconut over. Cut into squares.
Salaamz! Fatima and Jzaklah! always for your wonderful receipes.
Please tel me do i pour syrup over cake whilst still hot?