Red Chutney (savoury dip)
Rec cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
3 teaspoon chilli powder,
3 teaspoon Methi (Fenugreek) masala,
700ml bottle All Joy tomato sauce,
300g amli (tamerine) (tamarind) block,
2 tablespoon tal (sesame seeds) (sesame seeds),
2 stems curry leaves,
4 tablespoon sugar,
3 teaspoon salt,
½ cup white vinegar,
½ cup oil.
1. Soak the amli (tamerine) block in vinegar, when softened, strain and add to tomato sauce.
2. Then add salt and sugar to taste.
3. Heat oil on medium heat, and braise tal (sesame seeds), curry leaves and Methi (Fenugreek) masala until tal (sesame seeds) is lightly golden and leaves are fragnant.
4. Add this to tomato mixture and incorporate well.
5. Leave to cool. Bottle and refrigerate.
Note: Chutney is freezer suitable if kept in an airtight container.
Please let me know if you have a cookbook that I can purchase please send info [email protected](0) Like -