Tzatziki Meatball Wraps With Grilled Brinjal
Rec cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
*used store bought wraps.
•500g mutton mince (washed and drained),
•2 tablespoon ground garlic,
•1 teaspoon Jeeru (Cumin) seeds,
•1 large onion (grated, liquid squeezed out),
•1 teaspoon salt,
•40g chopped coriander,
•40 chopped spring onions,
•1 teaspoon crushed black pepper,
•1-2 teaspoon ground green chilli,
•pinch turmeric powder,
•1 teaspoon dhana Jeeru (Cumin) powder,
•dash lemon juice.
•500ml Greek Yoghurt,
•1 tablespoon ground garlic,
•1-2 tablespoon mayonnaise,
•Salt (to taste)
•Crushed black pepper,
(optional- pinch ground green chilli)
Sliced, dunked in lemon water, fry with a drizzle of oil till golden either side. Season with sprinkle of salt.
1. Mix all ingredients into mince. Roll small even sized meatballs and place in refrigerator to firm up.
2. Preheat oven to 180 °c.
3. Mix tzatziki and leave in the fridge to chill.
4. Spray 'and Cook a baking tray.
5. Line firmed meatballs on tray and bake till golden on the outside but still juicy on the inside.
6. Place wraps on a hot tawa to heat up. Then place down fried brinjal, cooked meatballs and chilled tzatziki sauce.
7. Fold wrap. Serve immediately.
Note: pitas can be used in place of wraps. (I didnt have cucumber on hand)