2 cups whole wheat flour
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoon kulunji (onion/black) seeds
2 tablespoon sesame seeds
1 cup boiling hot water
1. Lightly roast the sesame & kulunji seeds on a tawa/frying pan .
2. Sift all the dry ingredients into a large bowl, add the butter & rub in until it forms breadcrumbs, then add the warm toasted seeds.
3. Slowly & gradually add the boiling water to make a soft dough. Use a spoon at first to combine the flour & becareful not to scald your hands.
4. Cover dough for 1⁄2 an hour in a warm place.
5. Divide dough into equal parts & sizes of your choice. Ideally you want a 22cm but if you want it bigger by all means!
6. Roll out very thin.
7. Fry on tawa / frying pan until brown & lightly spotted on both sides.
8. Place in dish lined with wax wrap & cover with a cloth to keep soft.
Please Note: Do not fry wrap with ghee (Clarified butter) or oil (this is not roti) & do not over cook it too!