Easy Coconut OR kopra (coconut) Paak (Marsay Family Favourite)
Author : Foodeva Marsay
Pic by: @nazia_shaik786
6 Cups Dessicated Coconut (500g)
1⁄2 Cup Nestle Dessert Cream
1⁄2 Cup Condensed Milk
2 teaspoon Elachie Powder (Cardamom Powder)
Pink/Green Food Colouring
1 and 3⁄4 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Water
# Boil Sugar and Water, on a medium heat setting, until thread consistency is reached. (If you have a candy thermometer, when syrup reaches 101° C–112° C, OR when the syrup makes a thin thread like a spider’s web, when spoon is lifted, or similarly if the syrup is dropped into a glass of cold water).
1. Add Coconut, Cream and Condensed milk to a large enough dish for mixing.
# Stir through well to combine
2. Add the Elachie Powder and a few drops of Food Colouring and mix in well. (You can use your hands to ensure the colour is properly distributed into the coconut).
3. When the syrup is done, pour onto the coconut and mix all well.
4. Now add the Coconut to a lightly greased, large casserole, and flatten well. Using a fork, gently scrape the top of coconut, to add a little bit of texture once the coconut/kopra (coconut) paak is set.
5. Sprinkle on Hundreds and Thousands or anything you prefer to deco with.
# Cover the casserole with cling wrap and allow to set for a few hours or overnight. This allows for the syrup to be absorbed by the coconut.
# The Coconut/kopra (coconut) PAAK is then ready to be sliced into squares and can be stored in an airtight container. (No need to refrigerate). *These freeze well too*
# You could also opt to shape them either in moulds or cut with biscuit cutters, but you have to do This before the Coconut/kopra (coconut) Paak sets.
*Kindly share my recipes as posted, ©www.marriamsayed.com*