Rec and pic cred: ruhana ebrahim
500g chicken fillet (cut into strips),
1 tablespoon crushed garlic,
1 teaspoon salt,
Pinch turmeric powder,
1 teaspoon dhana Jeeru (Cumin) powder
2 tablespoon lemon juice,
3 tablespoon Nando’s Bushveld braai (bbq) sauce,
1 tablespoon mayonnaise,
1 tablespoon butter.
Note: may use lemon and herb sauce or peri-peri as well.
1 1⁄2 cups basmati rice
3 cups water
2 cups frozen mixed veg
1 onion (sliced)
1 piece taj (cinnamon)
1 teaspoon Jeeru (Cumin) (Cumin) seeds
2 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon rough salt
Good pinch turmeric powder
Robertson's spice for rice
1. Marinate chicken, heat butter in pan, add chicken and cook till done.
2. Braise onion in oil with Jeeru (Cumin) and taj until golden.
3. Add water, salt and turmeric, cover pot with lid. Bring to boil.
4. Add washed rice and veggies and cook on medium heat till 3⁄4 water burnt out.
5. Drop heat to lowest and allow to steam and rice to puff up.
6. When done allow to cool a little and season to taste with spice.
7. Serve mixed together or seperately.