Creamy Chicken Lasagna
Rec cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
500g chicken fillet (cubed)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dhana Jeeru (Cumin) powder
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
½ teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon ground green chillies
1 tablespoon crushed garlic
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoon oil
1 ½ cups frozen corn
1 cup diced green pepper
2 carrots (grated)
Bechamel Sauce (a.k.a white sauce):
1 liter milk
¼ cup + 2 tablespoon flour
Salt + pepper (to taste)
1 box lasagna sheets
Cheddar+ gouda cheese (grated)
Freshly cracked black pepper
1. Heat oil in pot.
2. Add all spices, garlic, chillies, lemon and chicken and cook till halfway done.
3. Add corn, peppers and carrots and cook till chicken is done. Leave aside.
4. Heat butter on medium heat in a deep pot.
5. Add milk, then add flour and whisk till smooth.
6. Bring to boil, continuously whisking to avoid lumps until a thickened pouring consistency is reached.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Ladel some sauce in a casserole dish.
9. I make 3 or 4 layers, depending on size of casserole dish used. So I divide pasta, filling and sauce accordingly.
10. Place on uncooked lasagna sheets.
11. Spoon on sauce, covering sheets, then spoon on cooked chicken.
12. Repeat layers, ending with chicken.
13. Sprinkle on cheese, black pepper and oregano.
14. Cover with foil and bake in preheated oven at 180degC for 45min.
15. Leave aside for 10min before serving. I serve with tabasco or soul fire sauce for a little more flavour.