Recipe amended from Fatima Akoo
Pic cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
4 large Beetroot (boiled till soft, then finely grated)
3 cups milk
¼ cup sugar
1 small tin Nestle cream
2 tablespoon Klim
½ teaspoon Elachi (cardomom) powder
1 tablespoon dessicated coconut
2 tablespoon almond powder
2 tablespoon semolina
2 tablespoon ghee (Clarified butter)
Few drops red colouring
Pistachios & Sliced almonds
1. Boil betroot with milk on low heat until no liquid remains.
2. Add sugar and cook until dissolved. Set aside.
3. In a flat pot braise semolina in ghee (Clarified butter) until starts changing color.
4. Add ¾ tin cream, klim, almond powder, coconut, and the beetroot mixture.
5. Cook until thick but still slightly wettish.
6. Add Elachi (cardomom), mix in.
7. Add a slice of butter and cook on low until thickened.
8. Turn halwa at intervals to avoid scorching.
9. Add red colouring. Mix.
10. Garnish with remainder cream, pistachios, & sliced almonds.
INFO / TIPS / CREDITS
For a more creamy taste add some condensed milk.