1 whole chicken cut into pieces
2 large onions chopped
3 cloves of garlic
Juice of 1 lemon
A bunch of coriander, washed and roughly cut
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon ginger
1 tablespoon turmeric
3 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
2 tablespoon of oil
1) Place the chicken into a large baking dish and set aside.
2) Place the onion, garlic and coriander into a food processor and blend together until everything is chopped into tiny pieces and combined.
3) Pour the onion mixture into a large bowl and add the spices, lemon juice and oil and mix together using your hands or a spoon.
4) Using your hands take some marinade and coat each chicken well, massage it all over until well coated. Do the same for all the chicken pieces. Leave a little marinade for the potatoes and carrots.
5) Add the chopped potatoes and carrots to the bowl of the marinade mixture and mix together well. Pour the potatoes and carrots into the baking dish and distribute them evenly.
6) Add a little water to the bowl that had the marinade in it and scrape down any bits left of the marinade and pour it over the chicken. You can add extra wedges of lemon (wash the lemon thoroughly first) for a more citrus flavour.
7) Cover with aluminium foil and place in the oven on Gas mark 6/ 200 C/ 400 F for 45 minutes. After 45 minutes, check to see if its cooked. If not leave for a further 15 minutes.
8) When cooked, remove the foil and continue to cook for a further 5-10 minutes so the chicken can get crispy and golden brown on top....from another group