2 extra large eggs (separated)
1⁄2 cup castor sugar
3⁄4 cup cake flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1⁄4 cup oil
1⁄4 cup boiling water
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 punnet figs
1⁄4 cup chopped pistachios
1⁄2 tub Lancewood mascarpone cheese
2 tablespoon coffee diluted in little warm water (then cooled)
1⁄4 cup icing sugar
1. Beat yolks and sugar together till fluffy.
2. Then beat in oil and vanilla.
3. Sift flour and baking powder.
4. Add alternatively with water and mix till no lumps.
5. Add pistachios and half of figs (diced) and mix in.
6. Beat egg whites till stiff and fold gently into mixture.
7. Grease a metal round pan. Then squeeze in 2 tablespoon honey, and spread.
8. Then layer down evenly sliced figs.
9. Pour batter into pan and bake in preheated oven at 180° degC for 30-35min.
10. When done, leave for 2min to cool. Remove from pan and drizzle over more honey whilst warm.
11. Beat icing sugar with mascarpone and add coffe. Beat till smooth.
12. Serve coffee mascarpone cream with cake.