Crunchy Potato Salad
Original recipe by Ruhana Ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
8 baby potatoes (boiled with skin on)
2 beetroots (peeled, boiled, sliced)
1⁄4 head red cabbage (shredded)
1 red onion (thinly sliced)
Handful fresh coriander leaves (chopped)
4 + 2 tablespoon Cross & Blackwell Trim
2 tablespoon white vinegar
1⁄2 + 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
Freshly crushed black pepper
1. In a bowl, add cabbage and 4 tablespoon Trim and 1 tablespoon vinegar. Mix well.
2. Arrange in platter. Then sprinkle on coriander.
3. Cut potatoes into thirds (lengthwise) with skin on.
4. In a bowl, mix red onion, potatoes, 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, white pepper, 2 tablespoon Trim and remainder vinegar.
5. Place over cabbage and coriander.
6. Season beetroot with 1⁄2 teaspoon salt.
7. Arrange beetroot over potatoes.
8. Garnish with little chopped coriander.
9. Crack over black pepper.
10. Serve chilled.