1 cup all-purpose flour (I used ½ cup cake flour, ½ cup all purpose)
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
1 cup mashed, ripe bananas
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼ cup margarine, softened
½ cup sugar
½ cup chopped walnuts (I used almonds)
1. Stir together flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In separate mixing bowl, mix together bran cereal, bananas, eggs and vanilla. Let stand about 5 minutes or until cereal softens.
3.In large electric mixer bowl, beat together margarine and sugar on medium speed, until thoroughly combined. Add flour alternately with cereal mixture. Mix well after each addition. Stir in walnuts. If the mixture looks too dry or thick, add some milk.
4. Spread evenly in 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
5. Bake at 180 degrees about 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
6. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack. Serve warm or cold. Store in airtight container.
INFO / TIPS / CREDITS
Yield: 1 loaf, 14 slices
Nuts are a must - they add a delightful crunch to each bite!
My favourite way to serve it is to pop it in the toaster, and serve warm with butter/spread.
Great tea time treat, and good way to use up bran cereal and ripe bananas.
Recipe credit: allbran.com