RUHANA's Stuffed Pasta Shells:
Rec cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
1 kg chicken fillet (finely cubed),
2 tablespoon butter,
1 teaspoon salt,
1 teaspoon rough red chillies,
1 teaspoon dhana Jeeru (Cumin) powder,
1 tablespoon crushed garlic,
2 tablespoon lemon juice,
1 teaspoon ground green chillies,
1 tub cream cheese or ricotta cheese,
1 tub chunky cottage cheese,
2 punnets button mushrooms (sliced).
2 boxes Mc'Cains creamed spinach,
Salt & Pepper (to taste).
1 medium onion (sliced),
2 tablespoon oil,
3 large tomatoes (liquidized),
½ teaspoon salt,
½ teaspoon black pepper,
1 teaspoon chilli powder,
Pinch turmeric powder,
½ teaspoon dhana Jeeru (Cumin) powder.
500g pasta shells.
1 teaspoon rough salt,
Mozzarella cheese (grated),
Gouda/cheddar cheese (grated),
Dry sweet basil,
Fresh basil leaves.
1. Boil pasta for 5min, must be cooked al-dente.
2. Arrange shells next to each other in casserole dish to be stuffed.
3. Heat butter, saute garlic, add chillies, lemon and spices with chicken.
4. Once water is cooked out, add cream cheese/ricotta and button mushrooms. Cook till mushrooms are tender.
5. Then add cottage cheese and mix in. Leave aside.
6. Cook spinach according to package instructions and season with salt and pepper.
7. Spoon chicken into shells, filling halfway.
8. Spoon spinach into shells.
9. Make a wet tomato chutney, by braising sliced onion in oil, adding liquidized tomatoes and spices.
10. Spoon chutney over stuffed shells.
11. Sprinkle cheeses and dry sweet basil.
12. Cover with foil and bake in preheated oven at 180degC for 30min.
13. Remove foil.
14. Arrange fresh basil leaves over cheese and bake for 5min.
15. Serve whilst hot.
16 Nov 2017
WOULD YOU LIKE TO
Food Author of "Oh My Cupcakes!"
Mum and wife.
(Another 2 books on the way Insha Allah!)
Joined 5 years ago