Pineapple Almond Jardo (Solah)
Rec and pic cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
1 cup tastic rice
1 piece cinnamon stick
2 Elachi (cardomom) pods
6 cups water
Good pinch turmeric
2 tablespoon ghee (Clarified butter)
3 pieces cinnamon sticks
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoon lemon juice
1⁄2 - 1 tin crushed pineapple
1⁄4 cup coconut threads
Few drops saffron essence
1 cup water
Good pinch saffron threads
1⁄2 cup chopped almonds
1. In a deep pot, bring water to boil on medium heat.
2. Add turmeric, cinnamon, Elachi (cardomom) and rice.
3. Boil till no water remains.
4. Remove rice.
5. In the same deep pot, heat ghee (Clarified butter), cinnamon, lemon, sugar, pineapple with syrup, essence and water.
6. Allow to heat up, then add rice.
7. Steam on lowest heat.
8. When liquid is half reduced, add saffron threads and chopped almonds.
9. Steam, mixing now and then till no liquid remains. Rice should be wettish.
10. Garnish with flaked almonds and serve hot.