Coconut Oats Shortbread
Rec cred: (Mum) Hajera Ebrahim
Pic cred: Ruhana Ebrahim,
250g butter (room temp.)
1 cup ordinary sugar
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Pinch of salt
¼ cup maizena (corn flour)
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
Flour (as needed)
1. Beat butter and sugar till creamy.
2. Add vanilla, mix in.
3. Add oats, coconut, maizena (corn flour) and salt. Mix in.
4. Add baking powder and bicarb and flour as needed, bind by hand till dough comes together.
5. Shape into logs and leave in fridge to chill for little while. Slice. (I made into thick fingers)
6. Place in preheated oven at 160degC and bake for 10-15min till bottom is golden.
7. Allow to cool and crispen and decorate as desired or leave plain.
8. Store in airtight container. Do not mix with other biscuits as the coconut will soften other biscuits.