Sour cream chicken & onion rings
Recipe credit: Maa’ida 2
Picture credit: Fatima A Latif
Bismillah hir Rahman nir Raheem
1 medium onion
2 teaspoons ground garlic
1 teaspoon ground green chillies
½ teaspoon Aromat (a South African Spice)
1 teaspoon lemon pepper
½ teaspoon chicken spice
½ teaspoon coriander powder
½ teaspoon cumin powder
½ cup sour cream (I used lancewood creme fraiche)
Enough ghee (Clarified butter) to sauté onions
1. Cut up chicken and marinate with all ingredients except ghee (Clarified butter), onions and sour creme.
2. Process onion and sauté in ghee (Clarified butter) in low.
3. Add chicken and cook on low.
4. 15 minutes before serving add sour cream & cook on low.
5. Allow to boil for few minutes and switch off.
6. Serve with onion rings.
1 green pepper
Sliced mushrooms (optional)
Enough ghee (Clarified butter) to fry above
Salt, pepper & garlic flakes to taste
1 big potato (I used 4 medium)
¼ cup sour cream
1. Cut onions in rings and slice pepper.
2. Fry in ghee (Clarified butter) until soft.
3. Add salt, pepper & garlic flakes.
4. Cut potato into thick chips fry and add to above. ( I microwaved)
5. Before serving, add sour cream. Serve hot.