Creamy Mushroom Bruchetta
Rec cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
1 French roll (sliced in an angle, about 2cm)
Olive oil (to drizzle over)
1 punnet button mushrooms (sliced)
1 tablespoon butter
½ teaspoon Salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon crushed garlic
¼ teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon dried mixed herbs
¼ teaspoon dhana Jeeru (Cumin) powder
1 tablespoon lemon juice
½ cup fresh cream
2 teaspoon flour
Grated mozzarella/gouda cheese
1. Place sliced pieces of bruschetta on a tray, drizzle over some olive oil.
2. Bake at 180 degC for until golden and crisp.
3. In a pan, melt butter.
4. Add mushrooms with garlic, spices and lemon juice.
5. Cook until mushroom liquid is released.
6. Discard of liquid.
7. Mix flour into cream and add to mushrooms.
8. Cook until thickened.
9. Spoon onto toasted bread. Sprinkle cheese and dried mixed herbs.
10. Reheat in the oven for 2-3 minutes just before serving.