Chicken Curry Pie Filling
Rec and pic cred: ruhana ebrahim
2 tablespoon oil
1 onion sliced
2 pieces taj (cinnamon bark)
½ teaspoon Jeeru (Cumin) seeds
1kg chicken fillet (cubed small)
1 tablespoon red ginger garlic masala
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon dhana Jeeru (Cumin) powder
1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 ¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
4 tomatoes (liquidized)
2 tablespoon tomato sauce
3 potatoes (peeled and diced)
Chopped dhania (coriander)
1. Heat oil, braise onion with Jeeru (Cumin) and taj until lightly golden.
2. Add masala and spices, then add chicken.
3. Cook till just braised, add tomatoes and potatoes, cook until potatoes are tender, adding water if needed.
4. Remove taj pieces, add sauce and allow to thicken.
5. Cool completely. Add dhania (coriander) and mix in.
This filling can be used in pies, buns, turnovers etc.