1 box hake medallions
1 cup flour
2 tablespoon maizena (corn flour)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup chilled soda water
1. Thaw out fish and gently squeeze out excess water.
2. With a sharp knife cut fish into 3-4 strips.
3. Place ice into a flat dish.
4. Place flour, salt, baking powder into a mixing dish. Mix with fork.
5. Beat egg and add to flour. Do not mix in.
6. Place mixing dish onto ice.
7. Add in soda water, now mix with a fork until just mixed.
8. Do not mix the batter until smooth. There will be lumps. That is how tempura batter should be.
9. Dip fish into batter and place in preheated deep fryer at 160degC and cook until lightly golden and fish is cooked through.
10. The batter will be light and crispy if done right.