Rafaello Sojee (semolina flour)
Rec cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
2 tablespoon desiccated coconut
2 Elachi (cardomom) pods (bruised)
1⁄4 cup solid ghee (Clarified butter)
1 cup semolina
1 cup boiling water
1 extra large egg
1 tin coconut cream
2 cups full cream milk
Ordinary sugar (to taste)
1 teaspoon Elachi (cardomom) powder
1⁄2 cup dry roasted hazelnuts (chopped)
1 cup Klim
1 slab Dream chocolate
Coconut threads (lightly toasted)
1. Heat pot on medium heat and lightly dry toast desiccated coconut.
2. Add ghee (Clarified butter) with Elachi (cardomom) to pot and melt.
3. Add semolina and braise for 2min. Ensure that it does not darken as you would for normal Sojee (semolina flour).
4. Add water and remove pot from heat. Mix in and allow semolina to swell.
5. Beat together egg, coconut cream, milk, sugar, and Elachi (cardomom) powder.
6. Place pot back on stove on low heat, and add mixture.
7. Stir to ensure no lumps form.
8. When liquid has reduced by half, add Klim and mix in well.
9. When Sojee (semolina flour) has puffed, add in hazelnuts and mix in.
10. Melt Dream chocolate & drizzle over.
11. Garnish with toasted coconut threads & Rafaello chocolates.
May slice Rafaellos in half and place coconut side down.