Homemade Fish Fingers
Rec cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
1 box hake medallions
Salt and white pepper
½ cup self raising flour
Water as needed
1. Thaw out fish and lightly squeeze out excess water.
2. With a sharp knife cut each piece into 3-4 strips.
3. Sprinkle salt and pepper over strips and lightly rub in.
4. Make a paste with flour and water.
5. Dip fish strips into paste and then roll into crumbs.
6. Heat shallow oil on medium heat.
7. Fry fish till golden and cooked through.
8. Serve with lemon and tartar sauce.
If you'd like more spice to fish fingers, dip in southern fried coating, then paste & crumbs.