Rec cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
2 boxes hake medallions
4 tablespoon ghee (Clarified butter)
3 onions (sliced)
2 star anise
3 Elachi (cardomom) (cardomom) pods
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon kulunji seeds
4 large tomatoes
1 tablespoon red ginger garlic masala
1 tablespoon crushed garlic
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
2 teaspoon dhana Jeeru (Cumin) powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garum masala
1 teaspoon kasturi Methi (Fenugreek)
4 tablespoon double thick plain yoghurt (optional)
fresh coriander leaves
1. Melt half of ghee (Clarified butter) in karahi pot.
2. Add in 2/3 of sliced onion and braise till golden.
3. Place in liquidizer with chopped tomatoes and a little water. Blend.
4. Heat remainder ghee (Clarified butter), add remainder onion with kulunji, star anise, Elachi (cardomom) and bay leaves.
5. Cook until onions are lightly golden.
6. Add masala and spices.
7. Braise till fragrant, then add fish.
8. Cook till fish is firm, then add in liquidized tomatoes and ½ cup water.
9. Cook on medium heat till reduced.
10. Add yoghurt, lemon and kasturi Methi (Fenugreek).
11. Cook until oil comes on top & gravy is thickened.
12. Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve with naan bread/ roti/ basmati rice