1⁄4 cup basmati rice
2 tablespoon ghee (Clarified butter)
Handful broken vermicelli
1⁄2 cup sugar or more to taste
1 tablespoon Elachi (cardomom) powder
2 tablespoon badaam powder
Pinch saffron threads
1⁄4 cup chopped badaams
1⁄4 cup chopped pistaschios
1. Boil rice till very soft. Mash with the back of a spoon.
2. In a deep pot, heat ghee (Clarified butter) and braise vermicelli & sultanas till golden.
3. Add milk, sugar, saffron, Elachi (cardomom) powder and badaam powder.
4. On low heat simmer milk and add mashed rice.
5. Dry roast nuts in a pan and add to milk.
6. Reduce till consistency desired is reached.
7. Serve hot.
a) May use condensed milk instead of sugar.
b) If you don't want vermicelli and sultanas, leave out. Double the rice amount, only mash half and leave remainder for texture.