1⁄2 cup clarified ghee (Clarified butter)
1 large cinnamon stick
2 cardamom pods
1 cup semolina
1⁄4 cup chopped pistachios
1 cup hot water
2 cups milk
3⁄4 cup sugar
2 teaspoon rose
2 tablespoon fine coconut
1⁄4 cup rose syrup
Pinch of fine cardamom
Rose syrup (optional)
1. In a pot heat the ghee (Clarified butter) with taj, cardamom, semolina and pistachios and braise till pink.
2. Add in water and aloe to cook and swell. Remove from heat.
3. Mix balance of ingredients separately
4. Place semolina back on heat, pour in mixture.
5. Stir in mixture and allow to thicken.
6. Lower heat and leave covered to steam and puff up.
INFO / TIPS
Recipe credit: @fatima_essack1