Rec cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
2 tablespoon ghee (Clarified butter)
2 tablespoon sultanas
½ cup desiccated coconut
¼ cup milk
2 tablespoon milk powder
½ cup condensed milk
2 tablespoon chopped pecan nuts
2 tablespoon chopped pistaschios
2 tablespoon chopped almonds
1 teaspoon Elachi (cardomom) powder
Oil for frying
¼ cup sugar
½ cup water
1. Heat ghee (Clarified butter), add sultanas and heat till swells.
2. Add coconut and stir in.
3. Add milk, milk powder & condensed milk.
4. Allow to thicken.
5. Add nuts & Elachi (cardomom). Mix in.
6. Remove from heat & cool.
7. Fill into pur & seal with paste.
8. Fry till golden brown.
9. Boil syrup till sticky. Dip samoosas in syrup.
10. Garnish with additional chopped nuts and serve.
Note: my husband does not like sultanas, so I added chopped dates
Plating inspired by Zubeida Mahomed