Chocolate Peppermint Crisp Squares
Rec cred: Hajera Ebrahim (mum)
Pic cred: Ruhana Ebrahim, @mama_taught_me_well
¾ cup castor sugar
3 tablespoon cocoa powder
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 cup rolled oats
2 tablespoon golden syrup
¼ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
2 tablespoon water
+/- 2 cups flour (as needed)
2 slabs Dairymilk chocolate
1 tablespoon oil
2 slabs Peppermint Crisp chocolate
1. Cream butter & sugar.
2. Beat in cocoa, oats, coconut, golden syrup, water & bicarb.
3. Add flour as needed, binding by hand till soft dough forms.
4. Grease a cookie sheet.
5. Spread & lightly flatten dough into pan. Poke all over with a fork.
6. Bake in preheated oven at 180degC for 20-30min.
7. Whilst baking grate on course side the 2 Peppermint Crisps.
8. Break Dairymilk into pieces in a microwave bowl, add oil.
9. Melt, 30 seconds at a time, so does not burn.
10. When biscuits are done, whilst hot, pour over plain melted chocolate.
11. Cut into squares or rectangles whilst warm.
12. Then sprinkle all over the Peppermint Crisp.
13. OR You may leave off Dairymilk chocolate, use 3 slabs of grated Peppermint Crisp.
14. As soon the biscuit comes out of oven sprinkle on the Peppermint Crisp whilst the biscuit is warm.
15. Allow to cool & cut.