Honey Kiri Cheese Mini Springrolls
Rec cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
(Makes +/-3 dzn)
3x 108g box Kiri Cheese
1 bottle Honey
50pc smallest Springroll pastry
Lai (flour water paste)
1. Cut each kiri cheese square into 4 even strips.
2. Place 1 ½ strips onto springroll pur.
3. Squeeze a thin line of honey onto cheese.
4. Fold and seal with lai.
5. Fry in shallow oil till golden.
6. Drizzle honey over and sprinkle on nuts.
7. I serve with Pistachio ice-cream as well.
A tip for handling the cheese since it's so soft, to place in freezer for few minutes till firm but not frozen.
If not frying straight away, leave out honey, add in finely chopped dates or dried cranberries or as is.