Methi (Fenugreek) Bherji Lagan
Recipe credit: Ruhana Ebrahim
Picture credit: @mama_taught_me_well
1 teaspoon dhana jeeroo powder
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
¼ teaspoon white pepper
1 tin creamstyle sweetcorn
¼ cup milk
1 tablespoon groud green chillies
2-3 large bunches Methi (Fenugreek) bherji
2 tablespoon desiccated coconut (optional)
1 cup flour
½ cup chana flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
Sesame/ poppy seeds (garnish).
1. Beat butter and eggs together.
2. Add bherji, spices, coconut chillies, corn, milk, flours and baking powder.
3. Pour into a greased oven proof dish. Sprinkle sesame/poppy seeds.
4. Bake in preheated oven at 180 °C for ± 30min until risen and baked through.
5. Remove from oven and cut into squares.