Chicken- a la-King Bruchettas
Rec cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
1 onion (chopped)
2 tablespoon oil
500g chicken fillet (strips)
1 teaspoon crushed garlic
1 teaspoon ground green chillies
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 green pepper (julienned)
100g mushrooms (sliced)
1 packet Knorr Chicken- a la-King cook in sauce
1 packet Albany hot dog rolls
Kerrygold garlic butter
Grated Lancewood mozzarella cheese
Robertsons dried mixed herbs
1. Slice the rolls in half lengthwise.
2. Smear on garlic butter.
3. Place in a moderate oven to toast till lighty crispy.
4. In a deep pot add onion and oil, saute till translucent.
5. Add garlic, chillies, salt, pepper, lemon and chicken.
6. Cook till chicken turns white, then add peppers and mushrooms and cook for 3min.
7. Add milk and cook in sauce. Mix well.
8. Leave to simmer on low for 20min mixing in between.
9. When done, spoon onto crisped rolls.
10. Sprinkle on cheese, herbs and place in oven to melt cheese.