Meatball & Spinach Stuffed Gem Squash
Rec cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
1 dzn Khan's meatballs
1 tray halved 6 pc gem squash
2 tablespoon oil
1 onion (sliced)
2 tomatoes (liquidized)
1 piece taj
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1⁄2 teaspoon dhana jeeroo powder
Pinch turmeric powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon tomato sauce
1⁄2 cup water
1 packet Woolworths baby spinach (reserve some for garnish)
1. Divide the store bought meatballs into halves and reroll into mini meatballs.
2. Fry off in a pan until golden.
3. In a pot, steam the gem squash till tender.
4. Season with butter, salt & pepper.
5. In a pot, heat oil, add onion, saute till golden.
6. Add tomatoes, spices, sauce & water.
7. Cook till 3⁄4 way reduced, then add in baby spinach.
8. Cook till wilted and sauce has thickened.
9. Spoon sauce into gem squashes. Place in 2-3 meatballs. Spoon over a little more sauce.
10. Sprinkle cheese & garnish with baby spinach leaves.
Note: Serve with a spoon/fork. Serve extra meatballs & sauce on the side.