500g mutton pieces
1 piece taj
1 onion (sliced)
2 tablespoon oil
1⁄2 tablespoon red ginger garlic masala
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon dhana jeeroo powder
Pinch turmeric powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon mustard powder
1 tablespoon brown vinegar
2 large tomatoes (liquidized)
2 large bunches Methi (Fenugreek) bherji
1 cup frozen peas
1. Braise onion in oil with taj till golden.
2. Add spices, vinegar and chillies and braise for few seconds.
3. Add washed and drained mutton.
4. Cook with water as needed till mutton is cooked well.
5. Add tomatoes, Methi (Fenugreek) bherji and peas.
6. Cook till tomato has reduced.
7. Add 1 cup water and cook till no water remains.
8. Serve with roti/bread.