½ cup brown sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 cup flour
2 TBLspns baking powder
2 TBLspns cocoa
½ cup chopped pecan nuts
200g of Mashmallows (cut in halves)
250g chocolate (preferably dark)
1cup crunchy peanut butter
1 and ½ cups of rice crispies
1. Preheat the oven to 150'c
Cream the butter and sugar.
Beat in the vanilla and eggs, sift in the flour, baking powder and cocoa. Mix well. Stir in nuts.
2. Spread the mixture into a greased deep pan. Bake for 15-20mins.
3. cover the top with mashmallows, return to the oven and bake for a further 3 minutes. Cool in pan.
4. Make the topping: melt the chocolate and peanut butter in a double boiler and stir in rice crispies.
5. Spread the topping over the cooled mashmallow. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into pieces to serve.